I decided that my daughter was not getting enough veggies! So I bought the Deceptively Delicious cookbook. Well let me tell you I watched Jessica Seinfeld on Oprah and she just made it sound so easy. She said that she pureed her veggies every Sunday night. She has to be super mom b/c each veggie took me about 45-60 minutes to wash, cut, stem, puree and divide them into storage containers. The process is a whip! My kitchen was a mess. Oh and the book does not tell you how much of each veggie to buy. Thankfully my neighbor informed me that one thing of broccoli only makes like a cup and a half. Anyway I would NOT do this every week. Its a huge mess. I made sure and made enough of each puree to last at least a month. My neighbor and I agreed that next time we will have a pureeing party and do this together.
So I spent all this time and decide to make mac and cheese for the kids. Well it called for 1/2 cup of cauliflower puree so I put it in. Let me say I cannot stand the smell of cauliflower but think okay this cannot be to bad. Well my Lillie Beth would have nothing to do with it! She said it stunk!!!!!!!! Jackson on the other hand had never had mac & cheese and thought it was just the best. I tried it and it wasn't bad but had my mom put it in front of me I would have not eaten it either. It was tooo funny so if you are trying this I would say start out with a smaller amount then what it calls for like 1/4 cup.
Good luck to anyone who is trying to deceive their little ones! I hope you have more success then me. I will let you know what else I try and how it goes over.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment