Sunday, August 20, 2006

THE HOSPITAL!!

Okay for those of you that haven't heard. I spent the weekend in the hospital. It all started early Friday morning. I got a really bad pain in my left side at first I was so worried that something was wrong with the baby and I was throwing up b/c the pain was sooo bad. I woke up G and we dropped LB off at my sister S house (so nice having family right around the corner) and we headed to the ER. Well they hooked me up to an IV and started giving me fluids and gave me something for the pain. They sent me home at about 1:00 p.m. saying I had a UTI. At about 5 the pain started coming back and I took tylenol thinking okay I can handle this well I started throwing up again and the pain was worse then before. So off we went! Dropped LB off again and headed to the ER. This time it takes almost an hour for them to get me a bed! I was in so much pain I finally screamed and they jumped!! Well the doctor this time was very nice and took care of me right away I was feeling good in no time :) as long as I didn't move! He said he was pretty sure I have a kidney stone but wants to check with my OB to see if they can do a one shot X-ray. So they did and my left kidney is really inflamed and so they admitted me to stay!

I want to take a moment and thank my wonderful husband who had to stay in the ER (I was not even in the ER I was in the area where they check in patients for the ER!) He had to sit on a stool and listen kids crying and see everything for 5 hours!! I was on some good medicine and sleeping. Finally at 2 A.M. they moved us a room!! He then came home to let the dog out and get some things for our stay. They are 99% positive that I have a stone but they have not been able to see it. Being that I am pregnant there are only certain things they can do. So they pumped alot of fluid into me. I started to feel better and last night (Saturday) was the last time I requested pain medicine. So today I got the okay to go home!! Yeah! But I am to rest and take it easy! Hard to do when you have a 21 month old!! She does not understand taking it easy! But my lovely sister in law K came in from Denton to help me so hopefully I will feel 100% soon! But the Dr's said I have not passed it and they do not know when I might or if I even will! So basically I could end up right back in the hospital!

Please pray that this passes easily and that I do not have anymore complications!! Thanks and have a good night!!

No comments: