Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Christmas in July

Okay I know I have not posted in a while and for that I am sorry. Well last night we took kids from our inner city church (Impact) school supply shopping. The buses arrived a little after 6. 4 school buses full!! We went an ate pizza at CiCi's and then went to Walmart to get the school supplies an outfit, shoes, socks, underwear and a backpack. These kids thought it was Christmas and were so thankful for everything. We had a little and she was 8. She had a great personality. LB loved her and we had a great time! I know LB is to young to understand what we did but as she gets older she will get to enjoy it. Our little girl did not ask for anything extra until we came across a binder she wanted to get for her mother, she asked for it and I tried to explain that we are shopping for you today. And she said "I will put back my other things if we could please get it," My heart broke! She would rather get her mom something instead of having new school supplies!! WOW!! This little girl as already learned the biggest life lesson - but others before yourself! Anyway I just thought I would share that sweet story with everyone.

No comments: